About Dr. Milford
Family practice is the medical specialty which provides continuing and comprehensive health care for individuals and their families. By definition, family practice should strive for overall wellness integrating biological, clinical and behavioral sciences. Three Oaks Health exists to help individuals achieve lasting overall wellness in their respective journeys.
For that reason and many more, I love my work. I enjoy guiding women and men of all ages in finding betterment in their lives however they choose to define it. I love hearing children's laughter echo throughout the clinic. Helping young adults tackle their struggles and develop healthy habits is an important and gratifying part of my work. Additionally, I am privileged to work in advance care planning, palliative care and hospice.
The best part of my practice is building genuine relationships with my patients and their families. I place a high value on getting to know each and every one of my patients.
In lieu of copying the corporate structure of reporting and audits, Three Oaks Health offers an innovative primary care model that allows us to do what we do best: spend more time with patients; work collectively as a team; further develop individualized care plans; and stay in touch with our patients and communities we serve.
I come from a long line of artists, farmers, entrepreneurs and dreamers. We’re an odd bunch constantly trying to buck the system. I am proud to say I am no different than my ancestors. Whether in medicine, farming or remodeling my old Victorian home, I like to take on the challenges of designing a better system, a better way.
So I did. And here we are—here you are.
How can we help?
EDUCATION & POSTGRADUATE TRAINING
- Residency, St. Michael’s, Medical College of Wisconsin
- BS, University of Wisconsin–Madison (Go Badgers!)
- MD, Loyola–Stritch School of Medicine
- Board Certified in Family and Hospice/Palliative Care Medicine
PROFESSIONAL SERVICE & AFFILIATION
- Medical director/co-director, Rainbow Hospice
- Assistant clinical professor, UW–Madison; Marquette University
- Chair, Medical Education and Professional Development Council, Wisconsin Medical Society (WMS)
- Member, WMS Taskforce on Physician Burnout
- Member, WMS Taskforce on Opioid Prescribing
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Physician Champion Award, Advance Care Planning, Honoring Choices Wisconsin, 2015